Is shoot and burn the future in Professional Photography?

Brilliant solution Lyncca. I like you business sense.

Commercial photographers are more likely to use the shoot and burn method. Their clients generally have no need for custom prints. The work goes to press and or web. Retail shooters will always make money of an album. For retail; the shoot and burn approach may be a little slow coming.

Love & Bass

This is where I am at. For weddings, I give a disk in a beautiful silk portfolio with a 4x6 print next to it and focus on professional goods such as albums, canvases etc. as my upsell items. This disk is also available for an additional fee for my portrait sessions, but it is not included.

LMH_9870.jpg

Where did you get your silk portfolio. I have been looking for a good way to present my disc's to clients. I already have a DVD printer and your presentation looks pretty nice.

While I agree with what most of you just said, I had to start offering shoot and burns in order to compete with the market out here (In New York City shoots and burns are popping up like crazy). I was not a fan of giving up control. I recently bumped into this company that puts together prints and albums for "shoot and burn" clients. I figured I would try them and was actually quite impressed. They also have benefits to me when I recommend my client there. Their site is: http://www.bridalalbums.net .

This has actually made me rethink my business model and have recently been offering more shoot and burns, knowing now, that there is someone I can refer my clients to go so they don't end up at WalMart.

I offer all the variations. Print, Albums & Burn. You make less money on burn but giving the client what they want equals good word of mouth and more customers. Still even with burn type customers I always seem to get print orders as well. It is how you market yourself at the time is what matters. The other thing is I charge a bit more on my image disks to compensate for some of the loss at losing the prints.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back