is the d80 and the 40d the same camera?

You don't seem to understand. He's mentioned quite a few lenses that cover the specific range of the interests you are intending to photograph. Such as the 18-200VR. 18mm for wide shots for HDR landscapes. 200mm for shots that you might want to get up-close to. And the VR (Vibration Reduction) should help with the shaky hands and long focal lengths.

Less range means less in the middle. The 18-200 has a wider range than the 16-85. The 16-85 gets slightly wider than the 18-200 but loses the reach.

ok so that 18-200vr should work for about everything till I get better and understand more? A main concern in the sunsets and the beach at night so if it can do those well i will be happy. Let me know, thanks.

The 18-200 will cover your range for the beach, and for everyday shooting, which is why its popular as a walk around lens. For pictures at the beach at night, you'll need to use a flash anyways. There's a built in one in case you didn't know.

yeah i know there is a built in flash, will that lens be a good one for taking pictures at night of me and and whoever? and at night on the beach?

yeah i know there is a built in flash, will that lens be a good one for taking pictures at night of me and and whoever? and at night on the beach?

With flash - yes
Without flash - no

Only f/1.4 and faster primes would be any good without flash handheld. No zooms would do at all.

Don't worry as you'll be using flash and any lens would do with it. The VR would also help.

ok cool, only thing I worry about with flash is it will be really bright on our face and stuff. Is there a way to prevent that.

You could try diffusing or bouncing the flash by putting a thin piece of translucent white paper on the pop-up flash, or purchase a bouncer for it. Best solution would be to purchase an external flash. Ideally, an SB-600 or 800 would be the best, but any flash that has a swivel head is good so you can angle it and just put a bounce card on it. If you can't get an external flash, then just turn down the power on the flash in the menu, or slightly under expose in manual mode.

You could try diffusing or bouncing the flash by putting a thin piece of translucent white paper on the pop-up flash, or purchase a bouncer for it. Best solution would be to purchase an external flash. Ideally, an SB-600 or 800 would be the best, but any flash that has a swivel head is good so you can angle it and just put a bounce card on it. If you can't get an external flash, then just turn down the power on the flash in the menu, or slightly under expose in manual mode.

Nothing fancy needed, a SB-400 and a sheet of paper to bounce off and diffuse is all that you need.

You could go with a D200 for under a thousand.

The D300 DESTROYS the 40D I dont care what ANYONE says. There is NO comparison between the 40D and the D300.

yeah thats what I have come to conclusion of, and its not even all that much more expensive, just gotta look around.

You can always look around the sellers markets on forums, or of course Ebay.

You could go with a D200 for under a thousand.

The D300 DESTROYS the 40D I dont care what ANYONE says. There is NO comparison between the 40D and the D300.

Whoa there buddy. The 40D and D300 are each others competition. However, the D300 does outperform the 40D in quite a few areas, but not destroy...And the comparison is there.

Most reactions

Back