Is there a device to store images on from a memory card that is not a computer?

2snap.or.not2snap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is any way of downloading my images from my memory card and storing them on a device without downloading them on to my computer.

Basically I am going away for a few weeks and I don't really want to take my laptop with me. So I have been trying to work out if there is a device that allows me to put my memory card in, save and store them, and then I can transfer to my laptop when I am home.

Or, will I need to get more memory cards?

Thanking you in advance.

Matt

I have never heard of such thing. Your best bet is to buy a super small laptop. There are a lot to choose from for under $350 US. Or just buy more memory cards! I like the latter option better!

Yes, there are devices like that in the market.

Go to B&H site and search for "portable photo storage" and you will find them.

Portable digital storage devices have been around for a while.
Some of them are just for storage, but some of them are also meant for viewing the images, and have nice screens on them. For example, the Epson P series have really nice screens and are great for viewing.

Another option might be something like a netbook...basically a tiny laptop, they are getting to be so inexpensive that they may be a better option than something that is only a storage device.

And of course, memory cards are pretty cheap and they are small (easy to pack). Plus, you don't have to worry about having all your eggs in one basket, so to speak.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is any way of downloading my images from my memory card and storing them on a device without downloading them on to my computer.

Basically I am going away for a few weeks and I don't really want to take my laptop with me. So I have been trying to work out if there is a device that allows me to put my memory card in, save and store them, and then I can transfer to my laptop when I am home.

Or, will I need to get more memory cards?

Thanking you in advance.

Matt
Yep, as mentioned there sure is, but it's way cheaper to just buy more cards.

Most reactions

Back