Is there a way to fake a CP filter in PP?

jeff000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So was in Lake Havasu for the Desert Storm boat racing, and the first day there I was on the boat getting my stuff ready and went to put my CP filter on..... and wouldn't ya know it, dropped that 77mm hoya right into the lake.

So now I have ~1100 pictures without a CP filter that could really use a CP filter.
I'll probably only select ~80 shots, but is there an easy way to fake the CP look without a lot of manual adjusting?

Some of the effects can be simulated, like darker blue skies, saturated greens etc. But things like reflections (or lack there of) would be much harder or impossible to simulate in post.

For the most part, a polarizer is one of (if not the) filters that can't be replicated in post.

Damn, might have to start carrying two CP filters in my bag.

Or just be careful when you are on a boat. :lol: ;)

Just be glad you didn't drop a camera or lens.

ND and ND Grads (netural density) are also quite hard to simulate in editing. You can of course use HDR to simulate the effect, but that idealy needs multiple frames to achive and sometimes you can't achive that without problems (ie moving parts in the shot). Also long exposures in brighter conditions would also be hard/impossible to reproduce in editing (eg blurry waterfalls)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back