TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im looking for an equivalent in terms of IQ, zoom range and aperture

for nikon

to the Canon, 70-200mm F4L lens

do nikon make a similar lens?

im quite confused by their lens lineup i cant see any indication of wich are there "top of the range" quality lenses

Thanks guys!

Rogan.

I'm not sure either but out of curiousity... Why would you be looking for a Nikon lens when it looks like you have a Canon body?

thats a 35mm body ;)

geting a nikon dslr and floggin the canon stuff :)

ahaha i have done a hell of alot of researc and have my reasons for going into nikon ;)

so no canon vs nikon discusions here PLZ

I'm not sure that Nikon has a designation for their Pro lenses, the way Canon has L. I just know that their pro lenses are the expensive ones with an F2.8 max aperture (the zooms anyway).

Nikon does have a 70-200mm F2.8 with VR. I'm sure they have a version without VR, but that might be an older version and not readily available. As for an F4 version...I don't know.

You could consider the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 (Nikon Mount). It's about the same price as the Canon 70-200mm F4 L and the IQ is pretty good...but very few lenses can match the IQ of the 70-200 F4.

I believe Nikon's best lenses are the gold ring lenses, similar to Canon's L lenses, which have red rings. The closest non VR version of the 70-200 f/2.8 is the 80-200 f/2.8. I have the 80-200 and love it, it's extremely sharp. I have read reviews that say the 80-200 and 70-200 are extremely similar. I think that it's a couple hundred dollars more than the Canon 70-200L but that is the lens that comes to mind.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back