Is there anything good (and maybe cheap)

I'm ticked off at my Epson P-3000. I'e had it for about 18 months, but I bought a Leica M8 in January, and it won't read those files. There is no support planned for that camera, either. Be wary of the Epson drives unless you're shooting a camera from a major manufacturer. They might not support your kind of RAW file.

It will still work as travel storage though, you just won't be able to view the images.

There are also portable hard drives like Megastor(e) that work with a built-in lithium battery. You can do the camera card to hard drive transfer even in the field. (I am not familiar with the Epson products).

skieur

Hehehe... Epson can't support all formats... It supports your Epson R-D1 raw files.

So far.. all my camera's are supported by my Epson P-2000. Check out Epson's website on clearance items for good deals. Mine was purchased a year ago for $170.

Just a bit of carification. The Epson image tanks will store your files even if they are not supported by Epson. What it won't do is display them like Iron discovered with his M8 raw.

Iron...
Your M8 will capture DNG+JPG. Does this produce two seperate files on the media card *.dng and *.jpg?? If so, then you can still use the Epson image tank to store both and view the *.jpg.

I have the Epson P-2000 and a Wolverine Flash Pac in my opinion both drain the battery too fast. I’m get a about 6-8gp off of one charge. Also they are very slow. Way too slow for shooting a fast paced event but are fine for traveling. Also that Wolverine Flash Pac is a cheaper modal with no display so you can’t check files.

You want to put digital images on a hard drive for cheap without a computer?

How does $27 bucks sound?

USB ImageBank

Most reactions

New Topics

Back