Is there really a difference here?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was looking at the fong diffusers, and I realized that they are quite hefty to the wallet if you want both types of lightspheres, and both domes. So, to save money, I was looking at [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Prolight-Inverted-Diffuser-System-Olympus/dp/B001L0XTYC/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1276312020&sr=1-8"]this.[/ame] Is there actually a difference between this and the fong besides saving $40 (Amberdome is $20, lightsphere is $40)

Mark

I wouldn't suggest building your own if you are doing professional work, trust me it does make a difference when you show up with handmade vs. pro-quality; even if it doesn't make a difference on the quality of the work.

As far as being a difference between the two? It appears that the amazon kit has a more yellow tinge to the diffuser, so if you plan on using that a lot it could potentially create more of a yellow cast than the proper skin tone cast you would want.

The white set should be fine though, generally as long as it diffuses the light you are safe.

I wouldn't suggest building your own if you are doing professional work, trust me it does make a difference when you show up with handmade vs. pro-quality; even if it doesn't make a difference on the quality of the work.

As far as being a difference between the two? It appears that the amazon kit has a more yellow tinge to the diffuser, so if you plan on using that a lot it could potentially create more of a yellow cast than the proper skin tone cast you would want.

The white set should be fine though, generally as long as it diffuses the light you are safe.

I wouldn't use one but it does as good a job, i would use bare flash or an umbrella

The "amberdome" included is supposed to make the skin tones look darker.
I absolutely refuse to make a diffuser out of a milk bottle. I couldnt be seen in public and expect to be respected using that. *wink*
So, there really shouldnt be a big difference in diffusion quality?

Mark

Most reactions

Back