Is This A Decent Find?

jack whatley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey everyone I came across this in my loft, It only says Negretti & Zambra on it, Need to know what the model is and a rough price price. Thanks for helping me :)
Sorry Pictures are a bit out of focus... Thanks apple :(

Attachments

• IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    602.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    647.9 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    893.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    982.2 KB · Views: 258
I suppose it would be a good find to someone who was into antique view cameras, I don't know a lot about them. Probably depends on the condition of the bellows etc. I'm not familiar with this brand offhand.

I think if it had an era-approriate wooden camera stand to go with it, or even a vintage wooden tripod, it would fetch a good amount as a home decor piece; I would guess that it's worth more as a decoration than as a "shooter", but I am not familiar with the maker. It's possible that the maker was of high repute, and that this is a valuable camera...I have no research to back up my comments, just a personal opinion.

N&Z was an English manufacturer. It appears to be one of their Field Camera models. Can't tell from photos if it accepts sheet film holders or only plates or what size.

Why is the front standard folded down? Or, is it missing? Does it have a lens? Why not show the front of the camera?

Most any large format field camera that accepts standard sheet film holders would have some value if in decent usable condition. Could be worth a few hundred. Maybe more if 8x10 or larger.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back