Is this a good price for a D90

scottslatton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It has approx 24,500 shutter actuations. Its in great shape and works great. The only cosmetic damage is on the plastic screen cover which shows normal wear and scratches.

It comes with:
-D90 Body
-Battery Grip
-2 Battery packs and charger
-Remote
-Original Manual

$515 shipped??????

It has approx 24,500 shutter actuations. Its in great shape and works great. The only cosmetic damage is on the plastic screen cover which shows normal wear and scratches.

It comes with:
-D90 Body
-Battery Grip
-2 Battery packs and charger
-Remote
-Original Manual

$515 shipped??????

I would think so considering they sell used without extras for that price.

Maybe someone has a different idea though.

Is it the Nikon grip or third party grip?

Which remote? A nice one or the cheap $17 nikon one?

It sounds like it may be a reasonable price if the camera body is in decent shape. Are there no lenses included in the deal?

Which battery grip and remote are included? Do you have model numbers for those?

No lenses included, no model numbers listed for grip or remote...no glass included, already have a couple...looking to upgrade from the d3000 to this body...

There are a lot of used D90's on the market from what I have seen. I have a D90 but I bought it new a few years ago. It's a workhorse. I love it.

I think this sounds like a good deal. Take your glass with you to a meeting place and give it a try and see what you think. You could do a lot worse.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Regardless of the grip or any other accessories being nikon or 3rd party, $515 is an on par price for a used D90. Can you find a better deal, Yes. Can you find one thats worse, Yes. Its up to you to how long you want to search for that better deal.

Yep as myko 5 points out a resonable deal. Bought mine used 2yrs ago used with 17k clicks on it for $675. Yesterday "Wanda" passed the 62,000 click mark.

You can find d90's all day for around 500 bucks-ish. Since that one has some accessories along with it, I'd say it's a good deal. Considering all are working and no problems.

I'd say it's a pretty good deal. If I get around to selling mine I would probably ask 599, but it only has 14.5K, 2 genuine Nikon batteries all the other stuff as your package, but I would probably throw a starter lens in also and a bag and a good SD card, so 500 plus shipping sounds about right...

It's a good deal for the average price of the very hyped up D90. However, remember that is exactly what you are paying so much for, is the fact that it's a D90. I say save yourself some cash, and spare yourself of the added buttons and blinking lights and buy a used D5000 in good condition. It's got the EXACT same sensor and anti aliasing sensor of the D90, without the price tag and it will have a UI and feel that you will be used to considering your existing camera.

You can get a D5000 body for $300-350 now. Hell I got mine with kit lens and 50mm 1.8G for $350.

Ummm the D90 doesnt have its good name for nothing. Stuff like Autofocus motor, professional flash support, better build etc dont come cheap.

It would be really the same as saying "hey why do you get a D7000, get a D5100 it has the same sensor !". Why, yes, but the D7000 has a ton of additional features over the D5100.

Ummm the D90 doesnt have its good name for nothing. Stuff like Autofocus motor, professional flash support, better build etc dont come cheap.

It would be really the same as saying "hey why do you get a D7000, get a D5100 it has the same sensor !". Why, yes, but the D7000 has a ton of additional features over the D5100.

^^totally agree with Solarflare on this one. not saying there's any reason NOT to get a D5100, but there isn't any reason NOT to get a D90 either (other than possibly budget). it will all depend on what you want the camera to do. If you don't care about the focus motor, flash commander, extra command wheels, and various other trinkets, then the D5100 is probably a better buy, and you will certainly be able to take wonderful pictures with it. As far as a D90 goes, thats a pretty decent price for the body and the shutter count isnt too high.

The D90 trumps the D5100. Sorry Charlie...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back