Is this for real?

there is a way you can hack your rebel to get the features of the 10D...I personally wouldn't do it. You could ruin your camera, and it voids all warranties.

It's a simple firmware update. Someone figured out a while back that the 300D is actually the 10D with features disabled via software. At least that is how it is for the guts. The 10D is actually a better built body little more heavy duty if you will. Can't change that with firmware. ;)

I have read that lots of people have used the firmware hack. I have even read the someone sent in a hacked camera to Canon for service. Apparently they don't seem to care. They either don't bother with the firmware or they just reset it to the Rebel defalt...in which case you just re hack it again.

If I had a D-Rebel, I'm not sure I would hack it without seeing someone do it to theirs first...but word on the street is that it's fairly safe.

I've always stayed away from this kind of thing as I don't like messing with things that I know nothing about. But if your interested in doing it then there is no point in buying the cd. You should easily be able to find it on the internet.

Most reactions

Back