bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Stage lighting is pretty much the worst lighting you can get, but even so, for musicians or stand-up acts, you can generally do okay at lower ISO's than 16,000. Dancers on the other hand demand much higher shutter speeds and in this case because some twit thought immersing the dancers in a dry ice "mist" would be "cool," it doubled down on everything. These are the first of many I took for two parents...for ISO 16K, I think they came out not so bad :) - I did play with the color balances in the B&W's.

dancers-lots.jpg

dancers-flip-2-bw.jpg

ISO-16000,-f56-at-1000.jpg

ISO-16000,-f56-at-1000-bw.jpg

teacher-dance.jpg

teacher-dance-bw.jpg

They look great to me. I doubt your clients will even notice the noise, which in my opinion is only noticed by photographers.

What did you edit with? If you have lightroom try dropping your "blacks" slider. It'll tighten up the haze and give it contrast without over doing it.

I've already pushed that about as far as I dare go by using the de-haze filter in my RAW editor. I dropped the blacks significantly but may go back and have another go at them.

Pretty good for 16,000 ISO!!!! Really, what an age we are blessed to live in. I recall a time when ISO 400 was considered "fast"...

Look pretty good to me. I've had trouble with posterization especially in the shadows at higher ISO

Pretty good for 16,000 ISO!!!! Really, what an age we are blessed to live in. I recall a time when ISO 400 was considered "fast"...

........ and crappy. :biggrin-93:

I recall pushing Tri-X to 800 and thinking, "Wow! I can practically see in the dark!!"

I pushed Tri X to 3200 and after printing, you had to stand back about 12 feet to figure out what the image was. However, if oyu pushed that high, or higher and did drop down processing, the grain was negligible...but it was a long, tedious process.

Man I wish I had a camera that could handle 16,000 ISO! Great work. :)

The wording must be off, point being that only nit picky pixel peepers care about whether a photo has too much noise. Yes, I am generalizing and I also understand it depends on what you're trying to accomplish with the photograph.

The wording must be off, point being that only nit picky pixel peepers care about whether a photo has too much noise. Yes, I am generalizing and I also understand it depends on what you're trying to accomplish with the photograph.

i got it. i was just being facetious. :biggrin-93:

[QUOTE="pixmedic]i got it. i was just being facetious. :biggrin-93:[/QUOTE]

Wait, wait...now you're into diamond-cutting????WUT!?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back