IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!!!

Oh dear, that's an all to common sight for me. Out of the 6 people that I know that have iPhones there are only two of us (me included) still using our first bought iPhones. One person is on their 4th after only 6 months - 1 was stolen, one was dropped and shattered, and the last one was accidentally flushed down the toilet - I kid you not. We're having a sweepstake on what's going to happen the the current one.

It does seem like the lightest tap in the wrong place shatters the glass on these things.

The seemingly funny thing is that in virtually all instances of shattered iPhone screens that I've seen is that they still work. This is because the glass is not actually the touch sensor. The touch sensor is attached to the underside of the glass, but is not glass itself, so in most situations when the glass shatters the sensor remains intact, and the sensor actually keeps the glass shards together.

You know Im glad all I have is your standard generic phone. I would have killed mine the first day I had it.

This is why before I even take a new phone out of the store, I buy the insurance. I broke mine, $40.00 and I had my new one in two days.

This is why before I even take a new phone out of the store, I buy the insurance. I broke mine, $40.00 and I had my new one in two days.

They don't offer insurance through the phone company for the iPhone. Otherwise, I'd have it. They offer Applecare protection, which includes any manufacturer's issues. It does not, however, include dropping it on the concrete steps outside of my school. ;)

Thats so awful! I'd die if my iphone broke. I dont mean to plug anything here, but I know at Best Buy we offer a protection plan that covers accidental damage, and our prices on the phone is the same, so if you DID want to get a plan on it you could do it there (its monthly.) I dont have it on mine because well, I work at Best Buy and I'm a poor student, but I think it might be a good idea!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back