it's amazing how much this place changes you...

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
here's a pic i did about a year ago...
lights.jpg

and here's another attempt at the same shot last week...
slow.jpg

ok, they're taken with different cameras and i'm still not 100% used to my dad's digital yet so still not exactly the result i want.. but i'll keep trying... :D

I liked the 2nd photo more. As photo gal said, Slow with speeding light adds great effect

nice improvement! that's a really cool idea too... i should look back through some of my first shots and go back and try and recreate it and see how I do :)

Belvedere said:
How did you take the shot?

the first one - handheld, my old digital cr@ppy camera on a 'long exposure' setting (probably about a second)
the second one - on a tripod, my dad's digital eos on a 25 second exposure (can't remember the ap.) - the tripod wasn't 100% stable though, you can see the wobble it made when i took my finger off the button if you look at the left side of the light-up beacon thing...

Thanks for the comments! :D
Maybe you all could have a look yourself and post up and example of your progress and when we get a few, we could shift this thread over into the 'Themes' section or something? :)

mal said:
25 seconds? Wow, I thought it was about 5 max. Shows how much I know! Where in Yorkshire are you from?

ah.
having looked at the info again... i was looking at the wrong pic.
It was indeed only a 6 second exposure at f7.1
:eek: oops

I'm exactly in between Leeds and Bradford - a place called Rawdon. :)
You near York then? nice place York... we recently discovered a shop called 'Sarah Coggles'... mmmm free beer for me while the lady shops.. inspired!!!! :D :D

Wow, that is quite a change! It's fun to look back and see so much progress, good for you :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back