I've been busy, here's a few to share

McMommy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I've officially had 25 "practice shoots" and one unintentionally paid one! I've been offering free sessions for my mom's group so that I could get a bit of practice and build what might be a portfolio, as I learn and improve!

I've learned so much in a short time, and I have a ways to go too! I am exchanging my D5000 this weekend for the D90 (if Costco lets me, I may have lost a couple small pieces that came with the packaging, nothing really important).

I intentionally broke the rule of cropping parts of the body below, these were crops and not the photo I took, but I like the way they looked. I even used some selective coloring! I figured I'd give it a shot, and that seemed like the appropriate use for it anyway, just a detail. If you could please comment on lighting and focus, what I could have done differently to improve the shot, I'd appreciate it! I have about 10 "free" sessions left on my schedule, and I put out an ad on Craigslist for $50 sessions, including the cd. I'm not trying to make money, necessarily, but I need a way to pay for photoshop and to save for a lens I have my heart set on. I spend about 6 hours per session working on it too, so I think that's a totally fair price considering my inexperience! :D

Ok enjoy! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

BeautifulRoni151.jpg

BeautifulRoni162.jpg

eeeLiam059.jpg

ebwTaylorandHailey286.jpg

eRoccoandMelissa111.jpg

(I think a reflector would have helped with this, but it's not in my budget. I bought a white poster/foam board and lined it with tin foil to use for next time.)
e354.jpg

e042.jpg

I very rarely like selective coloring, but #4 is an excellent use of it.

Very cool :thumbup:
#4 looks really nice and a very cute baby in #6. All other kids are cute as well :)

i think you really have good stuff.

I like the poses and the ideas behind them. The exposures seem spot on. When I look at them though I feel they are somewhat soft. They also lack contrast it seems. I usually have to bumb up the black levels and contrast in most of my photos during the editing process.

And my favorite is number 2. I like the compostition and colors in it. I bet she really liked that one ;-)

Nice shots. I too am not a fan of selective coloring. Find it very gimmicky but I think #4 is great use of it. Love that picture. She has such a sweet almost smile. Lighting is a bit harsh in the b&w's with alot of shadows imo but they work in B&W would love to see the color versions for comparison.

1) love the shot. only thing..i wish the guitar case wasn't cut off on the right...
2-7- nice shots....#4 is def my favorite!

all great photos but no 4,5 are my favourites.

Thank you guys!! I'm shocked... floored that so many of you love #4. Of the whole "set" it's my favorite, too! I really feel like even though I have much to learn, I've come a long way since the first photos I put up here! Many thanks to your feedback, and to MyFotoGuy (and his blog) for learning all the correct techniques that I get to forever practice now!

Here's #3, edited but in color. It was just too shadowy for my tastes, and I think it really works in b&w better.

eLiam059.jpg

And #4 isn't too bad in color, but still harsh shadows on her forehead and eye, and the color of the bug really was fun to bring out. This was one I almost trashed because of the harsh shadows, then I thought, "how could I make this work" because her expression is just too lovely.
eTaylorandHailey286-1.jpg

These are great! I agree, #4 stands out, and the BW is perfect, you did a nice job with it.

Great capture of the girl with the ladybug, perfect timing on that one, love it!

Most reactions

Back