Ozzmosis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.adventuresofcoryandsherry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello People!

My wife and I recently got back from a photo trip to Jasper, and I've posted a few pics that I've played with a little, and would like some C&C. I was using a rented 17-40 F4L from McBain Camera, along with a 80-200 F2.8L (I will post pics of the other lens later)

Thanks in advance!

#1 Athabasca Falls
2280870926_bcbfd8f005_o.jpg

#2 Maligne Canyon
2280080603_fca938b7d5_o.jpg

The one taken down inside Maligne Canyon is intriguing. When I saw the one from the top I was hoping to "be taken inside", too, and there I was! :D Nice.

Your Photo 5 is like a viewcard I would certainly buy if that were a viewcard and if I ever got to that place. Is it in Alberta? If that is the case ... who knows? ... eventually I even might...

Thanks for the comments!

All the photos were taken near Jasper Alberta, Maligne Canyon is really close, and Athabasca Falls is south a little, and Sunwapta Falls is further south from Athabasca Falls. Sunwapta is supposed to be really great for winter shots, but the snow was really deep, and my wife didn't want to make the trek. I'll have to go again next year, and hit some more locations.

thanks again!

Wow, that looks a lot different then last July when a few us where there for a meet-up, my fav is #5

Hehe, this is the first time we've spent time in Jasper during the winter. We really enjoyed ourselves, and plan to go back next year, same time. The weather was great except for the wet conditions at the bottom of Maligne Canyon. We had to watch our step a few times due to slushy spots. Jasper itself was dead, and we found everyone at Marmot Basin skiing. I was planning on finding the half-pipe for snowboarders, and was going to try my hand at panning action shots with the 80-200mm F2.8L, but parking was completely insane.

thanks for the comments!

These shots are fantastic! I especially like #3 and #5. When I looked at #3 it reminded me of the huge ice blocks that slide together and almost trap the squirrel in "Ice Age" when the movie begins. lol Great work!

Most reactions

Back