Joshua Tree – a few of my color MF (56k warning)

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Rolleiflex - Agfa optima 100
Print scans – Epson 4180

1) Joshua tree - in the camp grounds
medium.jpg

2) A young tree (i think) - near tail head to an old mine
medium.jpg

3) Brush - near tail head to an old mine
medium.jpg

The morning of the first day before meeting up at the campsite, I drove thru the pack and stop at a few places one them was an area call the Cactus Garden, took numbers 4 thru 7 then

4) Cactus - The Cactus Garden
medium.jpg

5) Cactus - The Cactus Garden
medium.jpg

6) Cactus - The Cactus Garden
medium.jpg

7)Cactus - The Cactus Garden
medium.jpg

OoOoOoOo...as if the Medium Format bug wasn't biting hard enough...Awesome shots!!! I love that last one. The texture is so good you can almost feel it.

I have a few more color MF of JT but none I really like. I am working on developing my MF & 35mm B&W. Likely will end up taking it to the lab this weekend.

PG - The batteries came today thanks

Jeff Canes said:
I have a few more color MF of JT but none I really like. I am working on developing my MF & 35mm B&W. Likely will end up taking it to the lab this weekend.

PG - The batteries came today thanks

sorry about the batteries jeffery jefferson mcjeffries!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

md

photographiti said:
I really like them, but they seem a bit blurred. Nice shots nonetheless!

Not sure what you mean by “blurred”. But Agfa films tend to be soft. And can be made even soft by pulling 25-50 iso below the film speed, but developed normally. I chose to shoot this film hoping it would be forgiving, Because, I was shooting the film in camera with no light meter or ISO setting.

Here's another fan of Photo 4 - and hey: you took these with a Rolleiflex? Wow. Evokes memories from way back when my dad used to take out the Rolleiflex for "special photos", that is 35 - 40 years ago! ;)

And I like the "pas de deux" of the Joshua Trees in Photo 5. Don't you think they look like ballet dancers? At least the larger ones in the background?

Thanks for all the positive comments.:heart:
My favorites are numbers 7 & 1
And I add some description info just clear thinks up.
Yes, LaFoto they do kind look like dancers:wink:

I love that last one, the texture is just amazing, feels like I could touch it (and then jump back and say "ouch" just like I did in real life!). Thanks for sharing these Jeff. Our bank account is going to be very upset with you and Chase for getting us so interested in medium format!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back