.jpeg problems

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by thebeginning, Apr 6, 2005.

1. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    just today i noticed that all of my color jpegs that i have uploaded (using photobucket) have tons of little blue spots in the shadows. it looks aweful. here are some pictures that have just recently been ruined in this manner (they werent like this before): www.xanga.com/snortley_snooble

again, its only color ones. does anyone else see the spots? or have any idea why they are doing this? i've never had a problem with photobucket until now.

2. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can't see any blue spots on my monitor, but that's probably just because my eyes are shot after staring at a comp screen all day.

Photobucket can resize your photos as it likes if they're bigger than a certain size which could lead to some extra noise coming in I guess. Maybe resize them yourself before uploading.

3. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

depending upon how they are saved(save for web) and what quality setting you used, they could very well have splotchiness in the darker tones.

but honestly, i dont see them.

md

4. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    oh well if nobody else sees them then i dont mind. if you could see them, you definitely would. thanks guys

5. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

I can see a tiny amount of noise in the blacks. It's just jpeg compression. It's nothing major and doesn't really notice.

6. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Photobucket will resize if the files are bigger than 250k...so always compress them yourself before uploading...although those photos look fine to me.