jpeg to raw

vade

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi i have gotten a 400d recently i was wondering if any one else has 1 that can tell me how to shoot in raw cause i cant find the option to switch it in my camera. i read the manual but i didnt see where it says how to do it

Page 60 of the manual downloaded from the Canon website says the following:
On the menu, select the first tab with the "1" and the little camera icon. Select "Quality" and there is a little table with about eight options. The bottom right choice says RAW.

Might be worth shooting RAW + jpg. You'll then get 2 images. One with the RAW data and one a normal jpg and you can compare the look of each. RAW needs to be processed by you on the PC before it can be printed or edited further.

With that camera, you can't select RAW if you are in one of the 'picture' modes. You must be in one of the 'creative' modes...P, M, Av or Tv. This is mentioned in the manual but not very well...many people ask this question.

Might be worth shooting RAW + jpg
This would be a good idea to compare the two different formats and the work involved...but other than that...it's just a waste of memory space, IMO.

With that camera, you can't select RAW if you are in one of the 'picture' modes. You must be in one of the 'creative' modes...P, M, Av or Tv. This is mentioned in the manual but not very well...many people ask this question.

This would be a good idea to compare the two different formats and the work involved...but other than that...it's just a waste of memory space, IMO.

Another reason for me to shoot a jpg is that I use an Epson P-2000 and therefore use the jpg to view and zoom my image to check what it's like although I don't do this too much these days. I usually just download and keep shooting.

Also if on-location, I can print jpgs straight off the camera using my portable CP-330 printer. Great for weddings and the like.

I use a mix of 1Gb and 2Gb cards. i get about 80 images per 1gb card (from the 20D 8Mp images).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back