July 4th Weekend @ The Ballpark

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by Kenny32, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Kenny32

Kenny32 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    So I was fortunate enough to spend the 4th of July, and the 6th of July with the New Britain Rockcats. Since I'm helping out http://twincitiesdugout.com with some photos, I'm able to get a press pass. Here are the photos I took. The ones I took on the 4th are pretty underexposed, but most turned out alright...It's weird...they look fine when I preview them on my camera, but when I put them on the computer they look different.

Connecticut Senior Senator, and candidate for Vice President, Chris Dodd took the podium during a special naturalization ceremony held on the field. [​IMG]

After his speech, the Senator took the hill with his 2 daughters, and his wife to throw out the first pitch. [​IMG]

Twins prospect Jeff Manship pitched a good game, giving up 2 runs over 7 innings, giving up 7 hits and striking out 4.
    [​IMG]

As Ryan Mullins took over in the 8th, he gave up a home run to Eddy Martinez-Esteve, which tied the game at 3.
    [​IMG]

As the Rockcats took over in the 8th, Luke Hughes, who was selected to the Futures game a few days earlier, smashed one over the scoreboard in left center field.
    [​IMG]
    Another image of Luke: [​IMG]

The Rockcats added another run on a Brock Peterson home run, and turned it over to Eastern League all-star Ben Julianel. Julianel did not disappoint, and strikes out the first batter, gets the second to ground out, and the third to fly out. Rockcats win 5-3.
    [​IMG]

July 6th:

Anthony Swarzak started against Garrett Broshius. Swarzak went 6 innings, but let up 5 runs on 12 hits. Broshius was perfect through 6th, until an error to lead off the 7th eventually ended up in three runs.

Anthony Swarzak Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brian Dinkelman Turns Two in the 2nd: (Which crop looks the best?)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Toby Gardenhire, a jack of all trades, played first base on Sunday. Apparently, Toby has played every position in his professional career. He even pitched an inning for Single A Fort Myers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gardenhire is currently batting .294, after being promoted from Fort Myers where he hit .333 over 15 games.

After the July 6th game, I was hanging out with my Dad outside the players exit while he was getting his teamset done. There were 2 other people there, and the batboy walks up to us and asks us if we wanted a bat, and handed us a cracked bat, who belonged to Erik Lis. Take a look:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope everyone else had as good of a weekend as I did. If you want to see any other players, just let me know and I'll see what I can do...

2. Dmitri

Dmitri No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The photos of the bat are ok, mainly because I don't have to try to force myself to ignore all the stuff you wrote all over the other ones.

3. m1a1fan

m1a1fan TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You got some nice shots here. The second picture of the Senator is classic. It's like duhhhhhhhhhhh, what a goof.

4. aliaks

aliaks TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    seems like you had a good time

5. 250Gimp

250Gimp TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    numbers please!!

The water mark ruins them for me.