Jumping Right In: C&C on Colors and Shadows

Tee

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. New guy here. I've been tinkering with my D3000 trying to work on colors, lighting and good use of shadows...well, basically I've been trying to figure everything out. :lol:

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

Working on shadows...

DSC_0054.jpg

Your photos came out beautifully. I especially like the last one.

Is your white balance off on the first one--or is it just the lack of white? Everything came out really orange. Also, on the first picture, it seems just a little off in the composition. I would have preferred to see the sign just a little more to the right (maybe I'm just too much of a stickler on the rule of thirds).

Thanks for the feedback Robyn. The picture was flat and I tried to jazz it up. When I used the color booster and saw the red on the sign begin to pop out, I think I got too focused on that.

I am really enjoying that last picture. I like the first pic, but I agree that the sign should be placed a smidge to the right. And it could stand to be desaturated just a bit.

Thank you for your comments. I just took a workshop on outdoor lighting yesterday and will be going back to see if I can do better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back