Just a reminder.

Wow. I can't even imagine how people felt on that day. Thank you for the reminder...

Yep, humans are the worst monsters I can imagine. It's amazing how easily people can be convinced into thinking the things they do but to think they are better than another set of people and then try to completely eradicate them for it. And people ask me why I'm a speciest.

...I saw on CNN this morning the folks gathering at the train station before the ceremony had started...it was snowing so hard all you could see where the tops of hats.

Thanks Ferny. This is exactly the kind of thing that we should never forget. I can't even begin to imagine what those people were thinking.

Camp X-Ray is a modern day concentration camp. People tourtured and interogated. Held indefinatly without being charged. One of the darkest chapters in American history, next to slavery in my humble opinion. I love my country :(

havoc said:
Camp X-Ray is a modern day concentration camp. People tourtured and interogated. Held indefinatly without being charged. One of the darkest chapters in American history, next to slavery in my humble opinion. I love my country :(

and all in the name of freedom...ironic?

Freedom? Haven't had any form of that in 4 years. I forgot what it was... Anyways sorry for the hijack. Today is a day for remembering.

I agree, but lets not hijack.

Has anyone seen the 9th episode for band of brothers? That was a powerful scene when they discovered the concentration camp!

Yeah, that was a good episode. It was the only episode that deviated slightly from the book. In the book they talked about freeing a prison camp where people were starving, but it was mainly prisioners, i.e. local and foriegn dissidents, and not Jews like the mini series says. None the less a very good episode, and I didn't mind the deviation from the book to show those kind of power images.

My granddad (my mums dad) cleared a concentration camp. He had to have so many injections on a regular basis that his arm was full of scars. There are photos taken of the camp in the garage. I keep meaning to look at them.

He was in the army, so he liberated it. Of course, there was more "clearing" than liberating as you can imagine.

Most reactions

Back