just another DC experience

From a photo journalistic point of view these photos tell a very powerful story, especially the ones of the coffins line up. Great work.

bumpity bump bump bump :lol:

oh yeah i forgot....thanks everyone so much!!!!!!! :wink:

JonMikal said:
one you obviously missed...where were you??????? :wink:

back in the fall of 2004, just before the election.
If its tyhe one I think it is, I was at the IMF making sure they stayed stafe. I didnt see many protesters. 1 small group.
I heard a 2D female LT. scream for help. It was a sad sad thing.
But hey thats 2D.

By the by, we call those flex cuffs. I dont like to use them, seem a little agressive to me. I would rather be in hand cuffs then those plastic thingies.

kilifila66 said:
It is sad that we have to live in a time where things like this should happen and where police would arrest our own citizens for protesting. But order must be maintained I guess, either way nice shots and black and white was the icing on the cake for me.
Very nice shots. Just so you know, at protest like this most of the time, the people to be arrested are already decided before hand. These are not protest like in the 70's. Some of these people are professional protesters, they actually get paid to get arrested.

mpdc said:
Just so you know, at protest like this most of the time, the people to be arrested are already decided before hand. These are not protest like in the 70's. Some of these people are professional protesters, they actually get paid to get arrested.

partially right. im aware of this and i'd say about half were pros...i recognized several. i witnessed approx. 15 or so hand personal belongings to family/friends and cross the line; making the decision at the last moment. the pros are plants just to get the numbers up.

JonMikal said:
partially right. im aware of this and i'd say about half were pros...i recognized several. i witnessed approx. 15 or so hand personal belongings to family/friends and cross the line; making the decision at the last moment. the pros are plants just to get the numbers up.
Its not like we beat them up or anything. They pay a 25 dollar fine and get out.

BUT I do have a funny story from an IMF protest. You see we were processing them in Blue plains. You know where that is? Anyways all these protesters, read rich white kids, were being released, and they decided to hang out up at 4660 MLK jr. Ave SW. now I along with a number of my partners hipped the kids to the fact that we were not there to protect the city from them. We were there to protect them from the city. They didnt belive us. HOWEVER aafter about 30 min or so, a bus came and offloaded its contents. A rather large black male got off the bus and said, "White people. Be out here when the sun goes down.." and then walked away.
Min later the protesters no longer wanted to hang out and started asking directions out of SW. Rather funny if you ask me.

By the by, keep up the good work.

terri said:
I seem to recall when you first posted these....I thought they made an excellent series then, and still think so now.

Nice work. :thumbup:

Yes, I must have been here for long enough to recognise repetitions, but these may well be posted a second time over. They still speak their own strong language and are well done! All of them. "Poor quality" or not - they have quite some impact. (While the protest/rally as such might not have had that...)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back