Just did my taxes

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't mind doing my taxes, but what I really hate is that the IRS doesn't have an official site to electronically file tax returns. Granted I qualify for the free returns through private preparers, I'm always leery of giving some schlup my personal information. I'd feel better if it was a bona fide IRS site or something.

Oh well.

My tax return has already arrived (last week) and is already gone!

My tax return is simple, one W2 form. I put a bit of money in our savings account and the last time the savings was looked at was 2004. We made $0.05 interest in our savings account in 4 years! Yahoo!

I actually liked doing my taxes this year since I decided to buy a new camera with it and not something reasonable like put it in retirement account. :)

I got almost $5 grand back!! Woohooo!! Well, I spent like $10grand on school last year plus was working contract for 8months straight and making good money. Not bad for a single guy with no dependents.

PS.....Love the new D300!!

I got almost $5 grand back!! Woohooo!! Well, I spent like $10grand on school last year plus was working contract for 8months straight and making good money. Not bad for a single guy with no dependents.

PS.....Love the new D300!!
Awesome, I'm married, single income, with 2 kids and I don't get half that much back.

You can be excited about that, but do realize that isn't free money or anything. It's your money, you just have much more taken out of your check to give the government an interest free 1 year loan :D

I prefer to have my money in my paycheck rather than waiting until spring of each year to get it. Though, if we weren't attempting to live on a single income, I wouldn't need it to pay monthly bills, so I would probably have it taken out and returned in the spring. It does seem like free money when you get it all in a large chunk like that.

thanks for the reminder scott!

I just did mine tonight, mail it out in the morning, looks like im getting $850 back.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back