Just finished the site, what you think?

ShaCow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shacow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, ive just finished a very big update to the site, I have fixed all the issues people were having... the only thing that seems to be bugging people now is the google adsense at the bottom of the page..

so, I want your honest opinions about my site, you wont offend me, just be totally honest!

thanka you!

http://shacow.com

I like your site... simple and cute. The pictures are great as well... but you need more, you have a lot of talent :)

Just finished sorting out my site and now have it at a presentable stage.

what do you think?

http://shacow.com
gallery_456.jpg

Hmm... I like the splash page and while it is currently overly used, I like the use of the LightBox library(popup image display).

The Good:
- very neat presentation
- very professional, yet fun looking

The Bad:
- The creative commons logo on the bottom of the page. Detracts from the design of the page and doesn't add anything. Should be moved to your about section, though this is more of personal taste on my part.
- The lightbox popup images... as noted, overused, not liked by some, and requires javascript, so if someone has it disabled, your images become partially unviewable. This is the same criticism I have of flash-based galleries.
- Small. On a modern 800x600+ screen,your site is tiny and your images, without the use of lightbox, are so small that they cannot really be viewed. On a 1280x768 display, your site becomes more like banner ad. This is a problem that seems to afflict alot of photgorapher sites for some reason....
- More information in your about page. :)

Overall, I really like the size. I LOVE the image on the front of the page combined with the unaligned tags on the left. Gives the site a fun look, though this seems to clash a bit with the more serious nature of some of the images in your gallery.

There's my two cents. ^_-

ok, well ive used a new gallery software.. Just finished implementing it.. Comments on how the new gallery looks please... and does it fit with the site?... (still havent added the rest of my images yet :p)....

And I think I should change the front splash image..

let me know, Shaun

Hi all, ive just finished a very big update to the site, I have fixed all the issues people were having... the only thing that seems to be bugging people now is the google adsense at the bottom of the page..

so, I want your honest opinions about my site, you wont offend me, just be totally honest!

thanka you!

Everything actually looks really good, I really like it

The only thing I don't like is the way the browser jumps when you click a thumbnail, and I was reading earlier posts, why did you disable the lightbox viewer?

As long as it can work without JS, and it looks like it does, adding JS into the mix only adds a little candy, and if a user has it disabled, it can still fall back to the non JS viewing (where it jumps down)

Anyway, good job all around

I got rid of the lightbox viewer because i wanted a way to post my images without having to edit my pages every time, and creating thumbnails etc..

I might add the lightbox viewer to the new gallery software if people really dont like the current gallery.

im glad you like it :) thank you, I really like your website too!

Most reactions

Back