Just for practice C&C please

it is my picture and yes i know i should have posted the photo instead, but for some reason my computer isn't allowing me to at the moment...

Technically it's great. Nice focus, lighting, etc.

However, I just don't like wide angle for portraits. I want to see more of the model but she's so far away.

But if that's what you like and were going for then it's great. I specially like the spotlight lighting.

haha yeah i definitely agree with you. i had initially intended not to show this particular picture from the set i had taken for her because of the angle. But she requested that I edit it for her (it's a friend) so i did and just decided to see what you guys would think of it. But to be honest, like you said, the only thing i do like is the lighting and sharpness.

i'll try to dig up the other photos from this shoot and post them later.

Regards,
~Owen

The effect is called foreshortening, and it's pretty extreme in the shot. I wish her shoes and feet were not so dark with the vignette effect---without the feet showing, she loses her visual "anchor", and almost all the emphasis shifts to the jeans. It's an interesting shot, but I do think a slightly different post processing approach would help it look better.

Most reactions

Back