Just Got a Mac Book Pro 17"-Software?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by myvinyl333, May 17, 2010.

1. myvinyl333

myvinyl333 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    After years of saying I would stay with Windows, I finally gave in and bought the Mac Book Pro 17". The Web Designer who is working on my site had one and my jaw dropped!

As I have a Sony Viao, and 2 Windows towers, the Mac will be for my picture use...I plan on going HDMI out to my 57" Mits as well....

I use light room 3 Beta now... on all my machines.

What software should I get?

Thanks,
    jorge:thumbup:

2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Awesome! Congratulations. Software? Photoshop CS5 would be nice, if you need it. I think you might really like to have Nik Software's application called "Viveza" as a way to do creative editing on your pictures without the need for extensive learning.

3. alyaba

alyaba TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    if you already use lightroom on all your machines you might be better off using it on the mac to, i use to use lightroom and just switched to aperture 3 and love it. Both are great i just prefer aperture 3.

4. Santa Gertrudis

Santa Gertrudis TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    On my MacBook, I had the trial version of Lightroom and the trial of Aperture 3 side by side for a month. Aperture 3 is what I ended up buying. I found it much easier to use. If you are used to Lightroom though, there's nothing wrong with that!