Just started out. please c&c

Folkert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got myself a Olympus e-420 with 2 lenses(14-42&40-150) And would like to know what I'm doing wrong and what I can improve on my pictures.

PA230633.jpg

PA200348.jpg

PA230580.jpg

PA230645.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Its not so much what you're doing wrong, rather what can you do right. First , what are you trying to achieve? What would you like to convey to the viewer? If those were your first shots then I wouldn't worry too much. Keep those as reference and keep on shooting. A lot! Study your photos and pay attention to composition, exposure, angle and the story you're trying to tell. As you grow photographically, so will your images, and you will gradually begin to develop your own unique "style". Good luck and thanks for posting. Keep on shooting.

1: idk do a crop showing only mushrooms ...there is too much empty space or get really close to the subject mushroom in a vertical format

2: background is too bright also i think none of your subjects i think are in focus

3: this is better as far as focus and lighting are considered ( were u using flash??? if so set the white balance to "Flash" you will get better colours)

4: i like the lighting in which you are shooting although i think the image is slightly over exposed....and one more thing about sun glare ...i found out that you can use it but never at the expense of losing detail....unless that is your intention

and i completely agree with pork photo it's "what you can do right"....so keep practicing ..take 'photos' (not snapshots, unless the situation requires it) everyday and then you can be a photographer....:)
~cheers

First off I thank you for not posting 20 pictures for C&C or posting a link.
1. Interesting choice to use so much foreground in the photo but I don't think it works here. Move up and just focus on that big mushroom or just scoot up a little for less foreground of the mossy rock. Not bad for a start.

2. This shot is overexposed. That means that your shutter speed was to slow. Speed it up a little bit and also it seems like there is no main focus because there is some camera shake in there so if you sped up the shutter speed you should be good. If not raise your ISO. Also the White Balance seems off here as well.

3. Not a bad shot. I see you have an eye for the subject but since it's so low my eyes go towards the other flowers in the back. It looks like an on camera flash which is harsh light. If you ever get an off camera flash you will see all the possibilities.

4. Interesting composition. The lens flare from the sun bothers me a bit. Crop off the side until the big tree and it would probably be better. I would actually be interested in just the ground blowing in the wind without any trees at all.

GL and just keep shooting and experimenting with different things.
-Tj

Most reactions

New Topics

Back