Katie

itsjustbreality

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did some senior photos today. Here are a few I've finished. C&C welcomed and appreciated!

And... I know I cut off some fingers in the last picture... Argh...

1493615146409.jpg
1493615254246.jpg
1493615270065.jpg
1493615282615.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Not a fan of the first one, but I very much like the composition of the other three. All however, would have benefitted significantly from the use of some fill light, especially in #s 2 & 3 where here eyes have almost no detail whatsoever.

Yup, a sparkle in her eye would make a huge difference.

The first one is perceived as something of an inside joke, which I presume the model would like, but for the rest of us, we haven't heard the punchline, so it's rather lost on us.

Agree with @tirediron. I like the posing and composition, but the processing seems rather stark, especially for these being senior portraits? Maybe it's just me.

I like them all, with a preference to 2 & 4. I agree with designer and tirediron, that some fill light and eye sparkle is needed, but I like them non the less.

Thanks for all of your feedback!! I agree - the eye twinkle would be good for this set. I did use a reflector, but I think a bigger sized reflector would have been more beneficial.

I've attached the images with more natural editing below. The ones I originally posted are more my style- which it's this style she said she wanted- but yes- completely agree on your feedback that l could definitely have used more fill light.

1493651439775.jpg
1493651444141.jpg
1493651454401.jpg

If the client wants a specific style, then use that style! :smile:

I personally like the second batch better.

I like the pastel edit of the first ones but I feel that it might be a little warm or maybe they just need another half stop of exposure or there about.

strongly prefer the edit of the original set. #4 is favorite, even with chopped fingers.

I prefer the look of the second set.

The look of the second set is better, but I still agree with the original assessment. The edit made it better, but an edit can only do so much when the original image lighting was flat. I would have LOVED to have seen the second three with catch lights in the eyes! Even if you fire in an extremely low level flash (HSS turned down) just to put those catch lights there, it would have done OH SO MUCH to bring these great poses to life!

The look of the second set is better, but I still agree with the original assessment. The edit made it better, but an edit can only do so much when the original image lighting was flat. I would have LOVED to have seen the second three with catch lights in the eyes! Even if you fire in an extremely low level flash (HSS turned down) just to put those catch lights there, it would have done OH SO MUCH to bring these great poses to life!
Thank you for your feedback! Flash- and balancing flash- is definitely something I'm trying to work on :)

I like the pastel edit of the first ones but I feel that it might be a little warm or maybe they just need another half stop of exposure or there about.
Thanks! It shows up a little too warm for me as well when I'm on my phone, but on my computer/tablet the coloring seems to be where I want it.

Most reactions

Back