Keyboard Shot With DOF.. Oooh.

AudioInjectedSoul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Good-Keyboard-Shot.jpg

Yeah, it's a better shot than usual. Just converted to B+W in photoshop, added contrast and some radial blur.

-Steve-

I'm not sure that you wanted to highlight the warning label as your subject? I'm also not particularly keen on the radial blur.... God I'm fussy aren't I?

I do like close up DOF shots of this kind of thing, but I feel that you might benefit from a subject of more significance to the viewer. One I've seen before which is quite fun is to lever off the keys which spell your name, reattach them in that order and use the DOF to make your name the only keys in focus and the rest slightly out. At first you look at a keyboard shot, then you realise that the letters aren't right, then you see the name.

It's a great idea, but I think the lack of initial response is due to perplexion by the viewers - they can't make anything meaningful from your composition.

I try to say what I feel in a positive and constructive way, but shoot me down if you think I'm wrong.

Rob

I tried to highlight the label as the focus, because I seem to be getting some injuries from the combination of long computer use/guitar playing. So yeah, I just wanted to draw peoples eyes to the problem if you excuse the pun :D

I used the Radial blur to kind of highlight the label, as using DOF is hit and miss. It's a pointshoot, so the computer controls the aperture. So I have to go into Macro Mode, and use AF lock, and hope that it actually blurs the background.

Thanks for the comments though, I understand what you're getting at.

-Steve-

Most reactions

New Topics

Back