Kick Flip - Street Scene

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Azuth, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Azuth

Azuth TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

Two things;

1.) I wanted motion, and in some ways I'm really happy with the motion feel I got, but I'm not sure if I got the focus wrong, or there was just that bit too much motion.

2.) I really think I should have used a faster lense and got rid of a lot of DOF, but it was almost a shoot from the hip situation so I didn't have a lot of time for mucking around.

Thoughts on those two things, or others / general honest critique please.

2. Onyx

Onyx TPF Noob!

i think the motion is just right. :thumbup:

3. ajmall

ajmall TPF Noob!

it's an interesting shot though I think if you were trying to capture a kick flip as the title suggests it looks more like he's falling off the board. I've photographed a lot of a skateboarding, rollerblading and bmxing since i started photography and it took me a hella long time to get things just right.

At least you know what you need to improve on - fast shutter speed is a must and a shallower DOF would have made the background less distracting.

Drew

4. 2framesbelowzero

2framesbelowzero TPF Noob!

I think this pictures really fine... good result.

5. Azuth

Azuth TPF Noob!

If it doesn't look like a Kick Flip, it may be because I really have no idea when it comes to skateboards, I just figured I'd put something in for a title. He did land whatever it was he did. Bikes or Motorcross I could tell you, but not those wheeled plank things.