Kitty Portraits - C & C Please

ArntorFTL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm pretty proud of my work on these, but need to be humbled. Both were taken with a D90, Sigma 18-50 lens, SB-600 providing flash and a whole lot of natural light coming in from a huge bay window behind me. I did some levels adjustments and unsharp masks on both in Photoshop (and was slightly more liberal with the PP adjustments in the second one, as opposed to the first) I'm really trying to get better with my PP, so I'd love to hear any feedback, even if it's just to say keep up the good work.

f2.8, 1/200, ISO 100

DSC_0147CROPPED.jpg

f5.6, 1/200, ISO 200

DSC_0146CROPPED.jpg

They both seem pretty bright to me, first impression.

I like his expressions, though. :)

i like the first one more, but they're both good. :)

the shots seem bright...maybe edit for brightness/contrast? also, if it were me, i would have taken the collar off him. it's not a big thing but i like how cats always have that feral quality to them, even if they're spoiled rotten housepets, unlike dogs. the collar kind of takes away from that.

just my 0.02$! :)

I like both of them, but agree that they seem a bit bright.

I'm impressed that you got your cat to pose for you like that. Mine's impossible to try and photograph!

I guess they *do* seem a bit bright (but not necessarily overexposed, right?), does it take much away from them?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back