Kodak 400NC

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
found about a dozen rolls of 400NC 120 in my freezer and would like to shoot with it but I haven't even heard of anyone using it before.

Is it a decent film for portrait work?

expired as well but not too worried about that since its been frozen.

*Mostly Im bored at work and excited I found a bunch of film I didn't know I had haha*

The last film wedding I shot on 6x6, I shot some 400NC as my "high-speed color" neg film...it's really a nice film. Contrast is lower than the consumer film types, but that's often a good thing under wedding conditions with a dark tux and a white dress. If it's been frozen it ought to be fine. I think it was designed for the most part, as a wedding/portrait emulsion; I would say yes, it's a very good portrait film.

Just saw its basically Portra 400 but like you said geared towards weddings/portraits.

Now Im curious to shoot it. I haven't liked my results with Portra 400 in the past.

I also found a box of 4x5 Kodak something or other Tungsten. Is it possible to use a filter to bring the colors back to a daylight balance?

Yes, an 85B filter will do the trick. Look for Kodak's data sheet for the film stock in question for more info.

awesome! and its inexpensive

This film LOVES pastels just like the old VPS and as Derrel said it does have a lower contrast than other films. For sure a VPS (wedding/portrait) replacement film. And the higher speed dose not mean a thing. I scan this stuff at work all the time and the grain is very tight.

Im going to end up sending these off to Richard's Photo Lab for scanning and processing.

My scanner seems to be a bit finicky lately and not producing worth while scans.

Has been my favorite film with Vericolor :thumbyo::thumbyo:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back