Kodak Digital Cameras???

wmc1117

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi I am a total beginner and looking to buy a camera. And I was wondering if there is any Kodak camera worthy of using for photography?? I ask this only because my grandfather used to work for kodak so I can get a crazy discount on their cameras....My mom wanted me to check out their cameras before looking at any others so I turn to u guys for suggestions??

If not I think I might get the Rebel DSLR.

Thanks....Which one do you recommend??? cause I just read somewhere that Kodak has discontinued manufacturing DSLRs

I think it depends what you want from a camera.

• If you want the newer feature set, 720P HD movie recording, sound recording, an all-around very good Schneider-Kreuznach "Varigon" lens 28~420mm (macro with $40 attachement) but don't mind limiting yourself to shooting at ISO 400 and under then that bridge camera is pretty OK! And actually awesome when you consider the street price new is $350

• If you want the ability to use Nikon pro grade lenses and want to shoot at over ISO 400 (low light low noise), the pretty DOF that a FF sensor provides, a virtually indestructible body, the ability to expand to studio environments easily, but don't mind the cost of the lenses, the lack of a movie mode, and a tiny LCD (some people don't even use the LCD but for menu selection) then either of those Pro dSLR mdels will do! It's a full frame sensor for $1,500 (street price used) which can't be matched or beat anywhere.

• If you just want something you can slip in your pocket then get one of those flat looking thingys. ;)

It all just depends. :D

BTW, they haven't officially declared that they are out of the dSLR business as I understand it. That option is still on the table for them. They just aren't actively developing new models - or at least haven't announced that they are. Those two dSLRs are not currently in production but are still supported. So we might wake up one day in 08 or 09 and see something from them in the way of a new dSLR. Sales wasn't good enough for them I guess. But with the current camera boom they may change that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back