Kodak ProSLRc - redish haze in image

rbruhn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello.
I'm hoping someone can give me some idea as to what is causing the red haziness in the image below. I'm using a Kodak ProSLRc with a macro lens (28-72mm). The camera is set to aperture mode and shots taken at various aperture settings still produce the same result. As well, I've tried shooting using auto mode, shutter mode, etc. Results are still the same.

The objects are being photographed in a light tent with 4 daylight bulbs.

I only notice this when shooting objects. When taking normal images, like people in a room, etc. the haze does not appear.

I have also tried different settings for the white balance mode with more or less the same result.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

image.jpg

Metre the light, put the lens cap on and take a picture to rule out the pink clouds often caused by hot CCDs.

Hello.
Thanks for the reply.

I tried what you suggested concerning the lens cap. All I get is black. No coloring whatsoever.
I don't have a light meter. However, I do have other digital cameras I have used and the pick clouds do not appear when using those.

I'm really at a lost as to why this is happening.

The magenta tint kinda reminds me of the slight IR sensitivity that some digital cameras exhibit (Leica M8 for example). Its hard for me to tell... is the tint just on the grey background or uniform throughout the image? If it is just on the grey background, perhaps the surface is causing the IR sensitivity.

Most reactions

Back