TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pixcafe.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
share portrait :)
C&C welcome

i liked the expression and all red with a fancy look...very nice.

The color the costume are both exciting to the eye, the exposure is technically good enough but the model looks bored to death.

The square shoulder, eye contact straight down the barrel of the lens and just overall flat single point lighting make for a very one dimensional photo.

When posing a model be it a fashion and glamour model or a stranger at an event it is always good to consider dimension. The film plane is a one dimensional world, if we pose our subjects in a one dimensional pose we get flat one dimensional images that are far less interesting then they could be.

Even when posing for a head shot I will always start at the feet as they are the foundation of the pose. The placement of the feet effects the angle of the leg, which alters the cant of the hips which helps contour the posture of the spine and shifts the shoulders, affecting the turn of the neck which guides the placement of the chin and nose which direct the gaze of the eye.

More specifically square shoulders are a very masculine posture, the feminine posture is more angular both front to back and up and down. Alter the models pose in this image by rotating her hips to the right, lowering the lead shoulder a few degrees and directing the chin nose and eyes off the center axis of the lens and this would go from a good photo for an employee name tag at the local amusement park to a really exciting portrait of a beautiful girl in a bright and interesting costume.

She appears to be a stunning and interesting character indeed. Vegasvisionstudio's comments are quite interesting, and I would just like to say that I've learned a little something from his post, so thank you, sir :) While it's a wonderful image, I agree with his comments that just a slightly different pose would take it to another level of interesting. Fabulous shot all the same.

hmmm.... it doesnt really remind me of photography it reminds me more of like a paparazzi shoot. her face seems kind of off guard and the angle of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back