Lake Louie

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this just before sunset on Tuesday. I was on my way to a gig, so I only had a few minutes. It's a manmade lake, but you'd never know it from looking at it. It's beautiful.

lake_louie.jpg

This is truly an amazing shot! The reflections are most interesting and your composition is good! My keeps going to the bush but I cannot deny the overall image as being really wonderful. Nice work! :salute:

Absolutely beautiful. The color highlights are spectacular. If anything, I think the shore/foreground is a little too dark.

Thanks everyone :) Mike, the foreground is very dark, but the dynamic range was huge, and I think I was lucky to get that much detail. I was in a hurry, and I didn't have my graduated ND filter on :(

I'll see if I can bring out some more detail.

amazing shot! the surface looks very slick, like an oil spill or something...don't get me wrong, looks great! the colours are just the same as the ones in the sky, which i find most peculiar and wonderful...i like the dark right corner - it would have stolen a bit of attention from the center part of the image if it wasn't...

Also, I get the feeling that the silhouette of the trees on the far shore is too dark. I think it would look a little more 'real' if the trees were not so completely black.

The water is just amazing, can't describe it very well for some reason, but I looked at the water and my eyes just didn't want to leave!

absolutely beautiful, man. did you boost sat on the orange highlights, or is that natural? very very well done shot. my compliments.

Thanks guys :) Mike, I can't really get anymore shadow detail without adding noise. It'll have to live as is.

Osmer_Toby, I increased the saturation +20 on the whole image.

I edited this photo again, and sortof went a different route. I've been looking at some great Holga photos all day, and I'm jonesing so bad, so I added a small vignette to the photo, and brightened it up a bit. Lemme know what you think.

lake_louie2.jpg

you are on the right path to the Annual Nature Photo Awards (if there is such a thing...), that's my comment :D

Matt I like all of your pics but this one is.... fantastic :) Great job... what time was it? I mean when exactly does the Sun sets there where you live?

Most reactions

Back