Landscape Photos: C&C Welcome

MissKH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First post here.
I do not have a professional camera (still an amateur) just using a regular point and shoot- with that said figured I would post a few photos and see what everyone thinks.

000_0691.jpg

000_0720.jpg

000_0696.jpg

000_0520.jpg

Honestly? OK, I hope you take this as constructive:
1. Too much dead space in the sky, could have been better if you were lower to the ground and the bridge and tower were more towards the center and more prominant.
2. For me the flare ruins it, and what is so special about a stop sign?
3.I like the trees tho they are overexposed, but the out of focus foreground is dead space. If the trees were your interest, make them the predominant element of the photo.
4. A lovely sky ruined by ugly utilities.

Try to decide what your subject is and think of ways to portray it to best advantage, making it the dominant theme. I hope this helps...JSD

Looks like ALOT of noise in picture 1. I suppose using a P&S you cant really adjust ISO levels yourself though...

Number 2 appears to be the only one in focus (at least to me), and the huge lens flare on the right side ruins that one IMO.

I see your from Charlotte...Im a little bit northwest of you, in Hickory. You go to school around here?

Honestly? OK, I hope you take this as constructive:
1. Too much dead space in the sky, could have been better if you were lower to the ground and the bridge and tower were more towards the center and more prominant.
2. For me the flare ruins it, and what is so special about a stop sign?
3.I like the trees tho they are overexposed, but the out of focus foreground is dead space. If the trees were your interest, make them the predominant element of the photo.
4. A lovely sky ruined by ugly utilities.

Try to decide what your subject is and think of ways to portray it to best advantage, making it the dominant theme. I hope this helps...JSD

I have to disagree with you on #4 there, I think the power lines and water tower add interest to the shot. This one is the best of the bunch IMO, but I think it would look better with some cropped off the top and the right, and also straightened slightly so the top of the building on the left is horizontal.

i enjoy all types of criticism constructive or not as i am growing....

in photo 2 the flare is the sun shining directly into my lens ...which was a bit unavoidable at the time of day...aside from turning my back to it which i am just now thinking to do....
JSD- that stop sign is right on an unnamed road down from a hugenot worship site which made it seem a bit out of place to me-although i did not mention that in the text

photo 3 is out of focus as i took it while i was driving

thanks for all of the replies... ill keep working at it

i enjoy all types of criticism constructive or not as i am growing....

in photo 2 the flare is the sun shining directly into my lens ...which was a bit unavoidable at the time of day...aside from turning my back to it which i am just now thinking to do....
JSD- that stop sign is right on an unnamed road down from a hugenot worship site which made it seem a bit out of place to me-although i did not mention that in the text

photo 3 is out of focus as i took it while i was driving

thanks for all of the replies... ill keep working at it

I may be missing something but the stop sign makes no connection to the Hugenots that I can see. If you intended to make that connecton visually in the picture you would need to somehow include both the sign and the Hugenots in one composition. The picture as is does not tell the story.

Honestly, it looks like the stop sign is telling animals to stop, being (in the shot) so far from the road. Humerus, but not what you intended I think.

I love your avatar, is it a self portrait, your photo?

JSD- I wasnt trying to connect the stop sign and the Hugenots per se I just thought it was a bit odd being out in the middle of no where

oh...and yes, my avatar is indeed myself

thanks guys

Most reactions

New Topics

Back