landscape shots (lots of pics)

lugnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
once again, please tell me how to improve upon these.

these pictures were the first ones from my new camera so i didn't fool with any settings, i just put it on intel. mode and let her rip. these are from my trip last week to Mt. Rainier National Park, and if you haven't been; it's worth the trip.

will a UV filter help cut some of the haze?

P1000043.jpg

P1000059.jpg

P1000073.jpg

P1000085.jpg

P1000086.jpg

P1000107.jpg

P1000113.jpg

P1000119.jpg

P1000127.jpg

Try something less "standard". Don't just walk up, shoot, then walk away like most people do. Make them less "point-and-shoot". For landscapes, include something in the foreground; a ledge, rock, meadow, lake, etc. For closer objects like the cabin, trees, etc, try different angles, Again, don't just walk up and shoot. Walk around it for a few minutes looking at all possible angles, then try the shot.

Try something less "standard". Don't just walk up, shoot, then walk away like most people do. Make them less "point-and-shoot". For landscapes, include something in the foreground; a ledge, rock, meadow, lake, etc. For closer objects like the cabin, trees, etc, try different angles, Again, don't just walk up and shoot. Walk around it for a few minutes looking at all possible angles, then try the shot.

LOL, you nailed me!! that's exactly what i did now that i look back at it. i will be going again in july so i'll redo most of these shots with different scenery and at different angles

LOL, you nailed me!! that's exactly what i did now that i look back at it. i will be going again in july so i'll redo most of these shots with different scenery and at different angles

That's the best thing to do. Go back to the same locations, try to take them differently and with more thought, then compare them to see your progress.

"The Digital Photography" book series by Scott Kelby has some great info on landscapes, I'd recommend picking them up. If you are only interested in landscape and nothing else, you can just swing by the book store (Barnes and Noble is probably the best choice) and just read the chapter(s) in volumes 1 and 2 on landscapes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back