Landscapes...

DSC_5904.jpg

Last weekend I went to visit Heligoland in the North Sea

Helgoland_Landschaft_1.jpg

Helgoland_Landschaft_2.jpg

Helgoland_Landschaft_4.jpg

Helgoland_Landschaft_3.jpg

I assume, that 139q refers to Contax. Maybe will be worth for you to "invest" in some filters like yellow, orange and red ? My scans are not too good and I scan from prints, but this picture was made with orange filter:
$1_07_14.jpg
If not for that, the sky would be a wash out without any detail. Something I don't like. :D

Yes, I agree with you. This is C41 ('Agfa'/Lupus) scanned negative, converted to monochrome etc.

Yes, I agree with you. This is C41 ('Agfa'/Lupus) scanned negative, converted to monochrome etc.
Aha, I forgot. My sample picture was shot on Eastman Double X Negative, it is a cine film (code DXN) ( I shoot only b&w film :scratch:). If you used colour negative film, then right, you couldn't use a filter. The trick with orange and red filter that in the right conditions they can change bleak sky into night sky. Without photoshop :wink:. Like here, taken at 2 PM in April:
$2_07_14.jpg
Same film, DXN.

Sorry, double click on "Post".

The trick with orange and red filter that in the right conditions they can change bleak sky into night sky. Without photoshop :wink:.

Yes, I discovered this about thirty years ago; thanks for the heads-up. ;)

The trick with orange and red filter that in the right conditions they can change bleak sky into night sky. Without photoshop :wink:.

Yes, I discovered this about thirty years ago; thanks for the heads-up. ;)
Sorry, I thought you are much younger. My mistake... :confused:

Most reactions

Back