LARGE Writing Spider

Blue70

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found this guy last fall hanging off the side of my house!

Spidy1.jpg

Spidy2.jpg

Welcome to TPF. I live just outside of Raleigh. Glad you could join us.

We get them in the summer in the flower gardens. They make such cool looking webs.

Interesting PoVs you have there.

were these taken with a wide angel lens? seems like #1 was, also there is a green/purple fringing on the legs of #1.

i like them, i hate spiders lol. there webs seem really interesting, nothing like I've seen before.

were these taken with a wide angel lens? seems like #1 was, also there is a green/purple fringing on the legs of #1.

i like them, i hate spiders lol. there webs seem really interesting, nothing like I've seen before.

Nope, Standard lens (Sony H7 :blushing: )

I'm not sure what caused the purple in the first photo..

Thanks Guys :)

Nice images!

I think purple fringe is... well I'll let wiki say it: "In photography, and particularly in digital photography, purple fringing is the term for an out-of-focus purple ghost image on a photograph. Images taken with high-contrast boundary areas involving daylight or gas discharge lamps are particularly susceptible, since chromatic aberration is worst for the shortest wavelengths that a camera is sensitive to (violet and/or ultra-violet light)."

I think CCDs have the problem much more then CMOS or NMOS chips but I could be wrong. Some software can or will attempt to remove it with varying degrees of success.

We don't have writing spiders here, their webs are ever so interesting.
My preferred photo is the first, I really like how the spider seems to be "in the sky", as if floating, since we don't see where the web is fastened to anywhere.

Most reactions

Back