Last post of niece pics

Maggedy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Other than avoiding the full sun, how could I have improved these?

I have since bought a reflector!
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]
833979207_M8xEG-L.jpg

833968017_AKTVs-L.jpg

okay, lets see, in the first one, the lighting is horrible, sorry, but it's too bright,
in the 2nd the dappled lighting is distracting
the 3rd has a bit of it too, if it was either of the lighting ways, it would have looked nice.
in the 4th i really don't like the bright white background, so distracting
the 5ht and 6th are quite nice, though it's a shame the branch/leaves are in the way
if the branch wasn't there i'd say no. 6 is my fav.
all in all not too bad, just try to keep those few things in mind for next time.

A Few things:

#1: You exposed correctly for the background and the colors of the flowers look great but you see what happened to your subject.

Even a reflector being used to bring in more fill light would have forced you to stop down on the exposure time to get it right on your model, therefore the background would have been under exposed.

The only way to salvage this situation is to artificially reduce the amount of light on the model by using a diffusing panel (and an assistant most likely...).

Then you could keep your exposure time and have both model and background properly exposed.

Framing is a bit too tight for my taste.

#2: Exposure look better but as mentioned before the "patchy" lighting is not working in your favor here. The bright patch on the rock in front of her face is taking away the attention of the viewer.

Framing could be a bit tighter, maybe even try portrait format.

#3: Exposure is spot on the background again. Background is beautiful. Lighting on the model seems uneven but not too bad.

#4: The white background doesn't bother me personally but it appears you have got some purple fringing/chromatic aberration going on especially visible in the parts of her hair in the left of the picture.

White balance seems off. Check out her teeth and then try to calibrate your RAW file accordingly. Depending on what the ambient light was reflecting from, this could be salvageable but if the light was reflected from a multi-colored surface it's not much you can do unless convert it to BW and see how it turns out.

#5: Nice background again (can't get over the good choice and eye for your backgrounds!). Again White Balance issue. Try to tweak it a bit. It's tough I think, she has really red cheeks that make it hard to blend with the rest of her taint. The blurry branch is fine by me. Good shot.

#6: I like the brighter look on her face but White Balance also here looks off (check teeth). Background mood and colors are great. The blurry branch is too close to her face - unfortunately. Great shot!

You have a very good idea for portrait backgrounds. Keep going! :thumbup:

I like most of the shots you've taken. I think your choice of back grounds and their appearance has been great. You give a natural look to the pictures. I have notice some harsh lighting in some pictures especially on the face, but overall I like them. Check that white balance as is distracts from her smile which is what those pics are all about. Keep it coming.
PS: After looking at that branch for the longest of time, Ive determined it gives it a more spontaneous feeling to the picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back