Late again, but not forgotten: MOTW now - Mitica100!!!

Wow! All 15 of mine came to less than $21,000, yet all (except maybe 1) would be more than adequate for use in a public peformance - Having said that, the oldest of them was made in around 1990.

Well, the prices are driven by the so called 'collectors'. The thing is, old instruments need to be played a lot in order to sound good. For us players, there are some criteria when purchasing:

1 Sound quality
2 Condition overall
3 Price
4 Who and where it was made

Collectors on the other hand have a different criteria:

1 Who made it
2 Where was it made
3 When was it made
4 Condition
5 Sound

Notice that price is not an issue for them and that's why the prices on old string instruments are so high.

Have you written any thing yourself? If so where could we pickup a copy?

As in compositions? Yes, a few pieces. A sonata for solo violin, unpublished.

I also have over 250 arrangements for string quartet. These can be published (printed and bound upon request). ;)

How much would something like that cost? Not that I can afford it now... but my sister plays classical piano. It would be a get gift to give her something to play that a friend of mine wrote (yes I consider you a friend even though we have never officially met).

Would any of those pieces be possible to condense for a piano?

How much would something like that cost? Not that I can afford it now... but my sister plays classical piano. It would be a get gift to give her something to play that a friend of mine wrote (yes I consider you a friend even though we have never officially met).

Would any of those pieces be possible to condense for a piano?

Well, usually when I arrange for a string quartet I look at the piano score of a piece. Reversing the process would definitely defeat the purpose. Unless... it's an original composition for piano. Who knows, I might try my hand at it... :)

Yeah brother! It is fun to see all the Questions and answers. I would like to ask who was your favorite Grand Teton Musical Festival director? Can we see a photo of your house?

Love & Bass

Yeah brother! It is fun to see all the Questions and answers. I would like to ask who was your favorite Grand Teton Musical Festival director? Can we see a photo of your house?

Love & Bass

Hey Craig, that'd be a toss between Eiji Oue and Ling Tung. I loved Eiji for his great music making and I liked Ling for the way he is. A true character.

And here's the front of my house:

MOTW05.jpg

Actually I should of said a close up of the paint job. Sounded pretty painstaking last I talked to you. Nice house by the way. Looks like a mansion!

Love & Bass

Ooh... I misunderestimated you. :lol: I meant misunderstood...

MOTW07.jpg

This is the "Living" area.

MOTW06.jpg

This is the "Dine in" near the kitchen area.

Notice that they are the same technique (Venetian Plaster) but two different tones. Sorry about the pics, they came from my wife's dig. camera.

Awww, sorry, Dimitri, the week is over :(
Thanks for dutifully taking all the photos and answering all our questions.

Thanks Corinna, I had fun...

Great job, Dimitri!! This was a fun thread to follow.

Thanks. The most difficult one to explain to my wife was taking a picture of my socks drawer. :lol: TG wasn't the underwear drawer!!!

One last question...is there a link to a site where we can hear you playing your violin?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back