Late Night Highway (C&C please)

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was driving out to GA, passing thru MS around midnight ... saw this fog bank and had to try & get it. Many thanks in advance for C&C. Have a great holiday, everyone!!

LateHighway (1 of 1).jpg

I'm with John on this one. Not much to say, other then cool shot. I'm wondering about burning in or cloning the lit area on the right side of the frame along with the closest traffic sign about mid-frame?

Right ... I've been debating that :)

This is a really cool shot, but what if the detail on the extreme right was cropped out... or maybe cloned out. I seem to want to keep looking at that rather than all the other details. Just my 0.02

It has a nice feel to it

Very good stuff. I would crop away right and top of the sky, keeping the proportions. Right because it's really distracting and gives too much reality to the observer. Sky rather than bottom because sky it's part of the story until is in contact with the fog. On the other side, foreground gives perspective and strenght.

I like this. Maybe clone out the far right side? Is that a bridge? Looking at it from my tab.

All right already! I'll clone out the bridge ... jeez! :) Seriously, is this a little better?

LateHighwayCloneOutBridge.jpg

Sorry did not men to upset you. Yes I like it.

Not at all! I was totally being silly. Trust me, I am very welcoming of the C&C(heaven knows I need it, LOL). And, it was spot on ... I like the version w your suggestions better :)

Wow. Now it's amazing. It reminds me of some videogames like Alan Wake, Resident Evil or some movies in which american outdoor is part of the story. your shot is full of drama. I really love it! And cloning you saved both sky and foreground. GREAT!

Not at all! I was totally being silly. Trust me, I am very welcoming of the C&C(heaven knows I need it, LOL). And, it was spot on ... I like the version w your suggestions better :)

Whew! It's a relief to know you were kidding. I'm glad you're happy which makes me happy :)

Wow. Now it's amazing. It reminds me of some videogames like Alan Wake, Resident Evil or some movies in which american outdoor is part of the story. your shot is full of drama. I really love it! And cloning you saved both sky and foreground. GREAT!

Thanks ... I actually had to climb out of my nice warm truck and run across I-20 at midnight, set up the tripod, dodge fire ant mounds the size of beach balls ... I was only about 10 ft off the highway, got a big whoosh each time a semi came by. I remember thinking "this damn thing better turn out" :)

Most reactions

Back