Leaves!

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For those of us who live where the leaves change, it's that time of year! Those of us who don't, well, leaves can be a pretty good subject, right? Let's see what you got.

Here, I'll start:

PA020125 by longm1985, on Flickr

Those caught my attention for looking more like chili peppers than leaves.

$DSC_0467-2re.jpg
From yesterday.

Leaves are a great subject, especially this time of year. They can even be interesting subjects well after their more colorful period. I'm surprised there hasn't been more posted. The first shot is very nice -- definitely chili peppers! It's interesting to look at a subject in a totally different way. In the second posted pic I like the holes in the leaves. It lends an "imperfect nature" feel that I like.

Here's one I just took last week:

$0211493-R1-036-16sm.jpg

And one that I've always liked although it's not a 'typical' pretty shot:

$decay.jpg

Snapped a couple of leaves outside when I got home this morning with a 33-year-old 50mm 1.7 lens (on a new K-3). I love this old lens. :)

Last edited:
Here's another one. Again, it's from campus. This is what happens when you take a 4-hour contracts class on Saturday: you get squirrely during the break and are 'forced' to go take a bunch of pictures of leaves ;)

$Day 288 - Red leaves.jpg

Y'all know this is just too much of a cliche and when you take photos like this you should just enjoy them privately.

Joe

10936034836_046e2758b7_o.jpg

I took this one cause the leaves and branches reminded me of music notation.

Joe

10936029376_3e20a141cc_o.jpg

The ginkgo leaves all fell end of the 2nd week in November in Tower Grove Park. How's that for cliche with the park bench thrown in for a finish.

Joe

10936032446_e4c57783ca_o.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back