Lens Advice Please

Stangracer85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright im new to photograpghy but ive done my share of point and shoot. I have a Sony DSC-V3. Great camera and it takes some great pictures IMO but ive been looking at different lens' but i have no idea what the differences are. I do lots of close things such as animals and reptiles but also take many outside pics and pics of mountains and sky here in Colorado. I know those are two different sides of the spectrum but if need be i could always change out lens for what im shooting right? What should i be looking for as far as lens go?

That camera has a fixed lens...meaning that you can't take it off and replace it with another lens. You can add something to the front of it, but those types of lenses (filters or adapters) typically are not very good and will degrade the image quality.

One reason that many people use SLR type cameras is because they have interchangeable lenses which allows us the opportunity to use a lens that is appropriate to the type of shooting we want to do.

Oh okay so i guess i wont waste my money on those adapters then. Ill start looking at some slr cameras. Any particular ones that are in mid range price that are great?

What do you mean mid price range? 1,000?

I would look at Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony

You can look at the Canon XT or XTi or the Nikon D40 or D70. They all run under $1000.

lol sorry i guess everyones mid range is different. Yeah under $1000. Ill try to start l

lol sorry i guess everyones mid range is different. Yeah under $1000. Ill try to start looking at

lol sorry i guess everyones mid range is different. Yeah under $1000. Ill try to start looking at those this weekend and try to narrow

lol sorry i guess everyones mid range is different. Yeah under $1000. Ill try to start looking at those this weekend and try t

lol sorry i guess everyones mid range is different. Yeah under $1000. Ill

lol sorry i guess everyones mid range is different. Yeah under $1000. Ill try to

lol sorry i guess everyones mid range is different. Yeah under $1000. Ill try to start looking at those this weekend and try to narrow a choice down.

lol sorry i guess everyones mid range is different. Yeah under $1000. Ill try to start looking at those this weekend

lol sorry i guess everyones mid range is different. Yeah under $1000. Ill try to start looking at those

lol sorry i guess everyones mid range is different. Yeah under $1000. Ill try to start looking at those this weekend and try to

Most reactions

Back