lens advise

The .9 setting allows the lens to focus on things that are fairly close to the lens (.9 meters)...but that can sometimes be a problem for telephoto lenses because they may try to focus on closer thing when you want to focus further away. So to make it focus faster (in some situations), you can set it to 1.6 and it won't be able to focus on anything closer than 1.6 meters (about 5 feet).

So if you are shooting things that are further away than 5 feet, use the 1.6 position. If you need to focus on something closer, then use the other setting.

Hey Big Mike i was wondering for any lens outdoor shutter speed, i was thinking 1/125 is that a good outdoor speed ? thank you for all your help this is how i learn
There is no specific shutter speed for any situation. The first thing is that you use a shutter speed that gives you the shot you want. A faster shutter speed will give do more to freeze motion (both camera and/or subject motion) and a slower shutter speed will be more inclined to show motion as blur. But of course, shutter speed is one of the three things that affect exposure (aperture & ISO are the other two). So while a faster shutter speed will usually give you sharper photos (less motion blur) it will also reduce the amount of light you can get for your exposure.

Nice shot and thanks for all the info! So far just love the 135f2 !

Thanks everyone for your input! i love learning this is a awesome site

Don't forget to set your ISO to a value to make the shutter speed higher, and the lens a little slower.

B

Most reactions

Back