LENS HELP which one??

Discussion in 'Canon Lenses' started by OcLove, Feb 8, 2012.

1. OcLove

OcLove New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Can anyone help me out on which lens to get? I have a Canon XSI camera. Ive been looking into wide angles lenses which I want so bad. I Love that slight distorted look it gives. With out being that whole bubbly fish eye look that i dont care for really. And ive been looking into either a Sigma 10-20mm OR Tamron AF 17-35mm f/2.8-4.0 Di LD SP Aspherical (IF) Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH WOULD BE MORE USEFUL & also gives the slight distorted look that I love. ??? Please if u can help me out. Thanks so much. :)

2. Trever1t

Trever1t Well-Known Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1,901 / 0
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    I know nothing of Canon but assume yours is a crop body? If so don't neglect to look at the Tokina 11-16. :)

3. OcLove

OcLove New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yup cropped until I get my dream camera. I assume u kno more about Nikon then. Which I have a Nikon D50. Which best suits that for an ultra wide lens?

4. 2WheelPhoto

2WheelPhoto New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +995 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Tokina 11-16 in Nikon flavor instead of canon. You'll have to manually focus but I had no issue with that on my D5000 in the past

5. o hey tyler

o hey tyler Well-Known Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +2,701 / 0
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    For a distorted look, you'd want the Sigma 10-20mm... This is coming from a Canon shooter (not that focal lengths change by manufacturer). You'd get a much wider FoV than with the 17-35.

6. MLeeK

MLeeK New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1,378 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Many to most of the ultra wides won't work on a full farme body. If it is EF-s it's not going to work if/when you upgrade.
    I'd look at the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 I have it and I get into trouble with that slight distortion all of the time. It does not work full frame.
    The Tokina mentioned above and the sigma. The sigma and tokina are going to give you the most distortion.
    The tokina manual focus comment is only on Nikon's entry level bodies, not Canon.