Mm Equivalent for Samsung S23 Default Lens?

William Baroo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Samsung S23. Not the S23 Ultra, which has different cameras.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of lens I should get to replicate the focal length of the main lens on this phone? I don't mean the selfie lens. There are three lenses on the back, and one is the default lens. That's the one I want to know about. Not the zoom or the wide-angle lens.

I have a Samsung S23. Not the S23 Ultra, which has different cameras.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of lens I should get to replicate the focal length of the main lens on this phone? I don't mean the selfie lens. There are three lenses on the back, and one is the default lens. That's the one I want to know about. Not the zoom or the wide-angle lens.
According to this web site; Samsung Galaxy S23 - Full phone specifications

What they call wide, is a 24mm lens. What we call the wide, they call the ultra-wide for some weird reason. I just got the 23+ a week ago or so. So far I'm impressed with the camera on it. I think it's better than the iPhone 14 I traded in for it.

MAIN CAMERATriple50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.56", 1.0µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
10 MP, f/2.4, 70mm (telephoto), 1/3.94", 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.55" 1.4µm, Super Steady video
FeaturesLED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
Video8K@24/30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 1080p@960fps, HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS

Edit to fix broken URL.

I found that info myself. Now I wonder if 24mm on the phone is similar to 24mm on a full frame digital camera. Guess I can take some shots with both and see.

My wife and I both got new phones over the last year. When she wanted to upgrade, I asked what she wanted, and she asked for the S22+, since it was the most expensive Android I was willing to spring for. I got the S23 recently.

Now I'm getting into photography, and I realize we spent money without understanding what we were getting. Until two days ago, my wife had no idea the S22+ had three rear lenses that served different purposes. She thought they all fired at once.

I told her the camera stuff made the phone expensive, and I said she needed to learn a little bit about photography in order to take advantage of it.

We travel, and we've bought the phones. No point in settling for really bad pictures.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back