Lens hood?

eloyie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
With summertime, I am naturally shooting lots of pictures outdoors and in full sun. I think I need a couple Lens hoods, does anyone have any recommendations? I have a Rebel T1i, with the kit lens and a EFS 55-250 lens. I'm fairly new to the DSLR world, so I'm still learning a lot! Any input on if I need one, or which one would be the best is welcomed!

Hood is good to have. Beside it makes you looks like you know what you are doing :er:, it increase contrast in certain shooting situations.

You should use your lens hood whether you do indoor shoots, outdoor shoots...basically, any type of shooting you should have your hood on. Not just for shooting outdoors in the sun

thanks guys! I appreciate it!

sorry.. threadjack. I have the 50 mm 1.4 canon lens. What hood shall I get? There are so many different shapes, can you tell me which one I need?

sorry.. threadjack. I have the 50 mm 1.4 canon lens. What hood shall I get? There are so many different shapes, can you tell me which one I need?
Canon | 50mm f/1.4 USM Autofocus Lens | 2515A003 | B&H Photo

Look in the "Hoods & Covers" section in the Accessories tab...

There are actually quite a few to pick from... Personally, I would get the Canon one (which isn't in stock right now...). I would definitely NOT get the screw-in rubber hood.

I suggest getting a hood for all ur lens! comes in handy mos the time.

Just remember that if you want to look uber pro you have to put the hood on backwards, because real pros know that lens hoods are for protecting the focus ring.

But only for storage.

You have to practice changing it from backwards to the usable position though so you don't fumble around with it. Poor form.

Most reactions

Back