Lens Problem

FieralDS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey All

So I have a Tamron AF aspherical XR 28-300mm 1:3.5-6.3 Lens. Things were working great with it.

However just recently, i have been unable to use it due to an error i keep on getting on my camera.

I'm using a Nikon D70s. I know its not the body because my other lenses work fine. Each time i put the lens onto the body, i get the "FEE" error. Nothing has fixed it

I have a guess that it is the aperature tab on the lens that broke off somehow :grumpy: (this was a used lens from a sibling who got a new camera).

Are there any ways you guys might see of getting it fixed? It's a gold letter Tamron lens, thus the parts were not available seperately.

Does anyone know where i can perhaps get the part? (the aperature ring). I would really prefer to have this lens fixed rather than having to spend loads of money on a lens that i already had in the first place.

Thanks!

-D. J.

The Tamron warranty is 7 years if I remember correctly. Have you contacted them?

Well, i was not the one who purchased the lens, and i'm not positive if my sister (who originally purchased the lens) still has the reciept.

What all is needed in order for the warrenty to process? I'd imagine some sort of proof of purchase, correct?

-D. J.

Yes ... that's all you really need. That's one of the reasons I like buying from Amazon ... I can go back and print a receipt if I need it.

FEE means the camera is trying to control the aperture but the lens is overriding it.

This happens for instance in lenses which aren't locked at minimum aperture (F/22 usually), since any attempt by the camera to stop it down to that aperture would be met with a mechanical lock at whatever the aperture is set at on the lens.

Warranty claim it will have to be :(

I shoot with canon 5D, and if i use for example, a sigma lens 2.8-5.6... it needs to be set to 2.8 ONLY or else i'll get an error. This is with any (new or used) non-canon lens.

I'm assuming the nikon issue is the same with other brand lenses?

Food for thought.

J e n C a r r o l l P h o t o g r a p h y

Yeah, it has to be locked wide open not closed... Just set the aperture on the lens wide open and see what happens.

Yeah, it has to be locked wide open not closed... Just set the aperture on the lens wide open and see what happens.

I thought the lens need to set at min. aperture. (large number, small physical aperture size)

That may be different with Canon but Nikon definitely needs to be set to the smallest physical aperture (F/22 on many lenses) to work.

Yes, that is what I learned from a Nikon D50. I need to set the aperture on the lens to the smallest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back